WANTED: WEB DEVELOPER
BridgIoT is a startup company focussed on systems integration and solution development within the IoT space. The company has several proven products which are currently in the commercialization stage. Concurrently BridgIoT is involved in novel R&D projects for industry partners.
Being a spin-off company from the University of Stellenbosch, BridgIoT has a relatively young team with inspired and like-minded people working towards shared goals. A good support network of experience and influential people provide a strong basis for the company.
BridgIoT provides the opportunity for flexible hours and remote working, provided good work ethic and progress is shown. We are aware that intellectuals run on coffee and as such, there is always coffee available in the office. Office hours are specified as 9 hours between 08:00 – 17:00.
We require a web developer that has experience with:
- Any web development framework
- specifically NoSQL (MongoDB)
- any database experience and willingness to learn is perfectly fine
- Experience with AWS is preferred:
- ECS (Elastic Container Service)
- EB (Elastic Beanstalk)
- EC2 Virtual Server Environments
- Willingness to learn system integration
- You recognize and adopt best practices in web development engineering: design, testing, version control, documentation, build, deployment, and operations.
- MQTT experience or any message passing system is a bonus
- Python experience is also great
Web Developer Job Responsibilities
The role is responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function and according to specifications. Strive to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation.
You will work closely with our CTO and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
We are looking for someone who can utilize HTML, CSS and NodeJS to develop effective user interfaces on the company website. The successful candidate will work closely with our web development and software design teams to update the website and internal web tools to make them more efficient. The front end developer will also be responsible for creating innovative solutions to web design issues to help make the website more visually appealing and enhance usability.
Web Developer Job Duties:
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- The position requires constant communication with colleagues.
- Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units.
- Deep expertise and hands-on experience with Web Applications and programming languages such as HTML, CSS, NodeJS, MQTT and API’s.
- Deep functional knowledge or hands-on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc ..) is needed to be successful in this position.
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications.
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Creating website layout/user interfaces by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Integrating data from various back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site
- Remain current with emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Proven working experience in web programming
- High-quality programming skills
- Familiarity with databases
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT
- BSc in computer science or a related field
Remuneration: R 18 000 per month
Leave: Standard 20 days per annum