BridgIoT is a startup company focused on systems integration and solution development within the IoT space. The company has several proven products which are currently in the commercialization stage. Concurrently BridgIoT is involved in novel R&D projects for industry partners.
Being a spin-out company from the University of Stellenbosch, BridgIoT has a relatively young team with inspired and like-minded people working towards shared goals. A good support network of experienced and influential people provides a strong base for the company.
BridgIoT provides the opportunity for flexible hours and remote working, provided good work ethic and progress is shown. We are aware that intellectuals run on coffee and as such, there is always coffee available in the office. Office hours are specified as 9 hours between 08:00 – 17:00.
Web Developer Duties
• Design and code web application services according to specifications.
• Working closely with our CTO for integration and technical implementation.
• Collaborating with software teams to update the website and internal web tools to make them more efficient.
• Writing well-designed, testable, efficient code, by using best software development practices.
• Integrating data from various back-end services and databases.
• Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
• High-level problem-solving and consistent communication with colleagues.
• Remain current with emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them to operations and activities.
• Optimize applications/services for maximum speed and scalability.
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
Web Developer Requirements
• BSc in computer science or related field.
• Expertise and proven hands-on experience with Web Applications and programming languages such as NodeJS, MQTT and API’s, including:
• security, session management, and best development practices.
• Extensive functional knowledge or proven hands-on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc.) is needed to be successful in this position.
• Experience planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units.
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GIT.
• Additional experience with:
• Any web development framework
• Databases, specifically NoSQL (MongoDB)
• AWS — ECS (Elastic Container Service), EB (Elastic Beanstalk), EC2 Virtual Server, Environments, VPCs, Networking
• Python and MQTT (or any message passing system) know-how is a bonus
• Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills.
• Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets.
• Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
• You recognize and adopt best practices in web development engineering: design, testing, version control, documentation, build, deployment, and operations.
• Willingness to continually learn about databases, system integration, etc., as needed.
Remuneration: R22,000 to R25,000 per month
Leave: Standard 20 days per annum